The Best Snowboard for: Powder + Freeride - Trees, Powder & Steeps
The Backwoods is a powder & freeride hybrid that prefers trees, powder and steeps. Like most powder boards, the Backwoods has a very wide nose and a tapered tail, but it differentiates itself with a mid-stiff flex, our Freeride camber-dominant profile and only 10mm of setback. This combination keeps the board nimble in trees, reliable on crud, and floaty in deep snow. A powerful core of poplar and bamboo stringers helps keep this board smooth and surfy while tip to tail carbon stringers give it a little extra pop. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. All of this helps the Backwoods to slay pow while still performing in variable conditions as you hop from pow stash to pow stash.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 91% | Bamboo - 9%
- Shape || Tapered Directional
- Camber Profile || Freeride
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 1x Tail V from Middle of Inserts
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001
- Sidewall || Polyurethane (PU)
The 160 is new but didnt come in plastic like boards usually do.