Meet the new maniac on the mountain. The Canfield Lithium is a long-travel 29er worthy of wearing a skull on the head tube. Designed to destroy big descents with reckless abandon, unafraid of the effort required to earn them. From enduro stages to bike park laps and backcountry adventures, the Lithium is a big-wheeled warrior ready for anything the mountain throws your way thanks to the secret sauce of the patented Canfield Balance Formula™ suspension.
With either 163 or 151 millimeters of rear wheel travel (adjustable via shock stroke) paired to the active and efficient CBF™ tuned linkage, the Lithium is born in the lineage of the legendary Balance. But thanks to 29-inch wheels, it’s got even more of a penchant for ludicrous speed and stands ready to flatten any terrain and wage all-out war on the Strava segments of lesser bikes.
But don’t think for a second we forgot fun in favor of going flat out. The signature Canfield geo has been optimized to create a bike as lively and intuitive as it is stable and confidence inspiring. The 430-millimeter chainstays make last-second maneuvers and manuals second nature, and a 64.5-degree head angle paired with a 170-millimeter fork makes any line choice possible. We’ve also refined the reach, stack, seat tube length and standover across all sizes for a more dialed fit.
CBF ™ has been refined even further for the Lithium. The result is anti-squat that is more focused in the ideal range throughout the entire range of travel. An updated leverage curve creates more beginning and mid-stroke support for an even better pedaling platform, and slightly more progressive end of stroke ramp-up. But the benefits don't end at pedaling efficiency. Chaingrowth has been reduced, resulting in even less pedal kickback to keep you glued to the pedals under hard compressions. And anti-rise values are lower for more composed braking and preserved geometry when you throw out the anchor on steep sections of trail.
While the Lithium’s frame may look familiar at first glance, there’s more than meets the eye. An all-new forged clamshell bottom bracket assembly reduces the number of individual welded parts, simplifying production, ensuring precise frame alignment and creating an even stronger junction between the down tube, seat tube and linkage.
The Canfield Lithium is the drug of choice for gravity junkies afflicted by big climbs standing between them and their fix.
Dream big. Go bigger.
• 29” All-Mountain/Enduro
• Patented Canfield Balance Formula™ Suspension
• 163mm/151mm rear travel
• Internal cable routing
• Forged clamshell bottom bracket assembly
• Redesigned rear-triangle with forged one-piece vertical stays
• One-piece upper and lower links
• Boost Spacing
• Custom CBF Chainstay Protector
• Water-bottle mount
• Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
• Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
• Frames include interchangeable cable ports, removable ISCG05 tabs, rear derailleur hanger, rear axle, seat clamp and custom chainstay protector.
*****Headsets are not included.*****
• 7005 aluminum with CNC 7075 links
• Internal cable routing with interchangeable machined ports
• Shock Specs (Metric):
-163mm travel: 230mm x 65mm, (20mmX8mm/40mmX8mm hardware)
-151mm travel: 230mm x 60mm, (20mmX8mm/40mmX8mm hardware)
-All frames/bikes are specced with full-stroke shocks
• Optimized for air or coil shocks
• Recommend fork length: 160mm – 180mm
• Recommended fork offset: 44mm
• Tapered Headtube 44mm upper/56mm lower
• 15mm pivot bearings (6902)
• Bottom bracket: 73mm, threaded
• Seatpost: 30.9mm, stealth dropper compatible
• Seatpost clamp: 35mm
• Rear dropouts: Boost 148mm x 12mm, Canfield axle included
• Max rear tire size: 29x2.5/27.5x2.8
• Removable ISCG tabs: ISCG 05
• Brake mount: Post Mount 180
• Seatpost max insertion: 250mm(S), 265mm(M), 305mm(L), 340mm(XL)
• Weights (medium):
-Frame w/ hardware: 7.7 pounds
-Frame w/ shock: 8.8 pounds
-Complete: 31.8 pounds