Arbor Candle Rain Camber Snowboard 2024
The first of the Candle by Arbor Collective. Pat Moore's unique design philosophy and aesthetic light the way to unlocking your freestyle riding potential. Featuring dual-radius nose and tail ramping, the Rain offers a powerful ride with less hang up and the perfect powder float. Pat's parabolic camber, directional twin, board of choice tastefully blends the rest of traditional snowboard design qualities and the state of the art for the shining addition to your quiver.
Grip Tech creates added heel and toe contact points that dramatically improve edge control on snow and ice. The design creates a more ergonomic and direct connection to the snow for substantially improved handling and response time. The Added contact points make it possible for Arbor to offer Rocker designs that hold an amazing edge and Camber designs that provide cleaner edge performance.
We use a unique shaping technique that replaces the single radius arc found in traditional camber or rocker with a more advanced parabolic profile. The design blends five separate radii together to create a parabolic arc which gradually reduces the amount of rocker or camber toward the tip and tail. In our System Rocker shapes the design lowers the leading edge to improve edge hold. In our System Camber shapes the design makes the leading edge less aggressive for smoother performance. The blended five radii design also drastically improves our ability to tune each shape in our line for ability level, target terrain and riding style.
Our System Camber shapes are for riders who want:
- A highly responsive ride, crisp on-edge performance and more pop for carving and ollies
- Effortless true-camber performance across all types of snow and during turns, spins and landings
THE SYSTEM X BASEPLATE
- A proprietary design that transfers rider input out to four heel-to-toe convergence zones, improving edge controls and response time.
- A concave design allows a board to flex more seamlessly by reducing flat spots for improved edge performance.
- When paired with an Arbor Snowboard, the System X design improves the activation of Arbor's Grip Tech contact points.
- This unique binding / board interaction provides maximum performance at speed, in steeps, amd through any turn, carve or spin.
The edge control created by Arbor's System platform allows us to add Fenders that slightly lift a board's leading edge off the snow. This dramatically improves turning, spins, float and tracking on cambered snowboards.
Unlike "early rise" or "rockered" nose/tail transition zone, Arbor's Fenders create smoother performance without shortening the camber section of the board. As a result, you get a clean ride without any loss of the pop or performance that comes from full-length camber. Today, we use Fenders on the majority of our System Camber designs.