Jones Storm Wolf 21/22 (local pickup only)
All Jones snowboards are only Available for local pickup! We will not ship any Jones snowboards for any reason!
The new Storm Wolf is a high powered swallowtail that blends the all-mountain versatility of a directional freeride board with signature Surf Series turn performance. Surfboard shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed this new model by combining the shape and profile of the Storm Chaser and Lone Wolf, hence the name. The Storm Wolf features a Christenson Surf CAMBER profile, long sidecut, mid-stiff flex, 3D Contour Base 3.0 and Traction Tech 3.5 edges. The Surf Camber profile, long sidecut and Traction Tech Edges keep you locked in railing turns at speed while the 3D Contour Base and tapered swallowtail shape help you break loose slashing gullies and transitions. To absorb chatter and punch through rough snow patches, the Storm Wolf construction includes Carbon/Innegra reinforcement and an ECO-Plastic topsheet.
3D Contour Base 3.0:
- Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
About 3D Contour Bases:
- 3D Contour Bases are designed to make every run smoother and every turn more effortless by reducing the drag of the board tips. 3D Contour Bases enhance glide and improve float helping you ride faster and with better flow.
Christenson Surf Camber/Rocker:
- Custom rocker/camber flex pattern designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board and helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- 100% of our adult models feature high-end materials, construction technologies and sustainable manufacturing process. We accept no compromises in producing the most durable and sustainable snowboarding gear.
- Wend Natural Wax:Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Sintered 8000 Base:New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
- Biax fiberglass:A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Carve Pack:Allows more centered stance option for riding firm snow.
- Power Basalt stringers:Sustainable strength. Basalt stringers are made with 100% natural fibers and help transfer power to the edges, improve torsional response and absorb board chatter.
Forever Flex New:
- Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
Oversized Recycled Edges:
- All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Carbon/Innegra reinforcement:Carbon Innegra fiber forms an ultra-tough hybrid composite layer that dampens the board torsionally and from tip to tail. Made in the USA and featured on the Aviator, Airheart and Lone Wolf.
- Eco-plastic topsheet:Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Bamboo Surf Core:Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.